Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Few Things To Cover

Okay so for those of you who are subscribers on my YouTube channel, I know I haven't put up Game One from this past weekend's duel videos, I do apologize and will be uploading Game One later this evening or earlier on tonight. On to the "few things" I wanted to cover though and we'll start with Vortex Trooper. What the fuck? Lately I've heard so much about this card potentially becoming a good tech card for certain decks. Decks like Exodia, Dino Rabbit, Hieratics and various others. Sure bouncing back two and drawing two new cards from your deck is pretty nice, but that involves you normal summoning a zero attack monster. Honestly I think this would be a nice addition to decks that tech a play set of Creature Swaps, but really? Unless you can somehow put out another level three monster immediately after normal summoning Vortex Trooper, it's just going to sit there and allow you to take a heavy amount of damage. I really just don't know right now, I do agree it can be a useful card in SOME decks, but Dino Rabbit? Hieratics? I seriously have my doubts, at least about these two decks.

Something else I kinda want to discuss is a feat that was first pulled off back when Black and White first came out, literally a week after the games came out. Someone by the name AeroValkyrie battled and defeated Cynthia using only level one Pokemon. He did this on video and was later uploaded to Slowflake's channel with added commentary (Click Here For Link). Recently however someone decided to take this yet another step further by beating Cynthia using only a level one Cottonee (Click Here For Link). You know the game designers really weren't thinking all that well when they made abilities like Prankster that just make moves like Leech Seed, Substitute, Poisonpowder, Double Team and tons of other moves so much more abuseable. Regardless it was pretty sweet watching Cynthia go down so easily to not six but only one level one Pokemon, even if a human wasn't making Cynthia's decisions for her in battle since that would never work in competitive play.

Now this is probably the last thing I want to cover, least for those of you who don't pay much attention to Serebii. A few tidbits of information regarding Black2 and White2 have been revealed, though nothing too major in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of people already know but it was confirmed that the PokeTransfer does return in this, it was also revealed that the form changes for Thundurus, Landorus and Tornadus require items now, unless you catch them using the Dream Radar, which seems cool but to be expected, I don't think they'd want to release new forms that you were literally unable to get unless you spent like $7-10 on the Nintendo eShop to get the Dream Radar, of course I'm only guessing what it's price will be, but that tends to be the price range on there anyways at the most so... anyways, apparently the recently announced Keldeo form which occurs in the second town which seems a bit odd but whatever. This next one I find a bit interesting. Black Kyurem and White Kyurem have the abilities of both Zekrom and Reshiram respectively. Really? They couldn't go the extra mile to give them NEW abilities? Oh well, at least the new forms are cool looking enough for people to probably not give a rats ass about what abilities they have. And the last bit of interesting information from Serebii is apparently the fact that Genesect might finally get an event or release or whatever you want to call it. Because up till now we've had a few empty slots in our Pokedex's and it's actually become quite annoying for me. Most likely the english games will get Keldeo and Meloetta whenever that movie gets released over here, but its whatever really.

Thats about all I had to say for now. Check back later or check my YouTube channel out from time to time to see if Game One has been put up or not yet. Later bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment